FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

David Nielsen gnomeuser at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 15:52:35 UTC 2006

man, 23 01 2006 kl. 04:01 -0800, skrev goemon at anime.net:

> you asked for justifications. why not ask the end users.

What kind of end users are we talking about here, you average slashdot
trolls or people who do real work.. what is our typical end user, you
seem to think that you alone know who the target audience is and
nobodies opinion matter except yours. When asked for supportive evidence
for your stance you suggest slashdot as a serious reliable source of
information.

> asking your end users how they find 'everything' useful in actual practice
> is popular opinion?

Asking for a reasonable scenario that would justify "Everything" now and
in the coming releases is quite sane - and everything that has been
mentioned just far can be solved in a much more generic way tweaking
profiles and using kickstart.

Should the Internet comes with a handy everything button as well, that
would leech all information for convient offlne browsing?

> i could pose the question to end users on other forums but i suspect it
> will be hard to find one you would accept the answers from

So now asking for evidence is stonewalling, great reasoning, I have yet
to see any real world scenerios from you to suggest that Everything is
absolutely needed now, much less that it should or even could be
supported sanely for the coming cycles.

- David

--
Obligatory shameless blog plug - The GNOME commentary located at
www.lovesunix.net/blog