FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 17:49:01 UTC 2006

Hi

> You misunderstood my concerns and what I am investigating. Let me try
> restating: Considering the rate of change in Core (as shown by the
> number of changes in rawhide) what part of those changes require
> changes to the policy sources to accommodate them. Dan Walsh and a few
> others seem to be able to keep up with the simplified "targeted"
> policy. But a large part of creating the modular approach seems to be
> to shift the creation and maintenance of policy to respective
> developers of each package/program. "Is that really a good approach",
> is one of my questions. Doogfooding rawhide is only a small part of
> what I'm doing and doing an everything install with "one click" saves
> me time.
>
> That's part of my "use case". Call it a corner case if you like but
> remember that there are many others out there.

Right thats a corner case. One that I use myself extensively but I am
talking about end users. Not testers or developers. This discussion is
my attempt to understand whether I can find useful scenarios where
everything install makes sense for typical end users. I am involved with
other efforts related to this that this discussion would help influence.
Anyway, If anybody wants to discuss this further just mail me off list
and keep the conversation sane. Thanks

--
Rahul