FC5t2+updates -- I cannot get nm-applet to configure a WPA or WPA2 connection

Miles Lane miles.lane at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 17:01:16 UTC 2006

I cannot get nm-applet to configure a WPA or WPA2 connection
to my Airport Extreme hub.  I am running the IPW2200 driver
and the Airport Extreme has the latest firmware installed.
I have no trouble getting NetworkManager to connect using WPA
with OpenSUSE "Factory" (the SUSE equivalent of FC5T2),
so I know that current NetworkManager code is capable of
handling WPA.  Note that OpenSUSE has other problems.
Namely, they don't have a keychain mechanism in place yet
and I have to enter the password by hand each time.

Regarding setting up the keychain manager so that it provides
the passwords to nm-applet without prompting me for the
keychain password, I haven't figured out how to get this
working yet.