FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

Ian Burrell ianburrell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 01:23:06 UTC 2006

On 1/25/06, David Boles <dgboles at comcast.net> wrote:
> Horst von Brand wrote:
> >
> > And allowing several selections at the same time?
>
> Let us now go into the world of 'I want'.
>
> If he gets an <INSTALL EVERYTHING> button I want a <SELECT EVERYTHING YOU DO
> NOT WANT WHILE WE INSTALL EVERYTHING> button to be an option of his.  This
> said with a smile.
>
> I do not understand why you would want to install everything. Five?, or more,
> officesuites when I can chose the one I want from the CD/DVD? Or browsers. Or
> email clients. Or anything? Servers? Apache? How many firewalls do you need?
> How many locales? How many desktops? Screensavers? And on and on. The list is
> almost as long as this thread.
>
> I think this thread is a troll and that means it just hit the /dev/null list.

I think it possible to come up with solutions which would solve
people's problems but aren't exactly what they are asking for.

For example, a select all and deselect all buttons or commands would
be useful on all levels of the package selection.  Want all the
optional packages in a group?  Select All.  Only want one thing in a
group?  Deselect all and select the one you want.

This does raise the question of does select all only select all the
groups and their defaults.  Or does it select all groups and every
package underneath.  I guess it depends on if you think of selection
working on the current level or recursively.

 - Ian