smbfs module

MJang mike at mommabears.com
Thu Jan 26 23:15:20 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 11:57 +0100, shrek-m at gmx.de wrote:
> Jason Montleon wrote:
>
> > Got this trying to mount an smb share from my FC5T1 system with kernel
> > 2.6.15-1.1826.2.10_FC5:
>
> and cifs ?
> # mount -t cifs [...]

It seems to work fine w/Konqueror and Nautilus. So there should be some
way to run it from the command line as a regular user. (Sure, doing it
as root is easy enough.) Unfortunately, SUID on /bin/mount doesn't seem
to work. I'm missing something and would appreciate some help.

Can someone tell me how to mount a Samba share w/cifs from the command
line as a regular user?

> irc while fc2testn  smbfs  was not compiled in for testing cifs.

Does that mean that smbfs will be restored in FC5T3?

Thanks,
Mike