Kernel updates not "taking"

Claude Jones cjones at patriot.net
Fri Jan 27 15:01:26 UTC 2006

I brought this up yesterday, perhaps in the wrong thread. I have the 1826 and
1878 kernels. Yesterday, I had the 1872 and 1826. When the 1872 was
installed, it never was offered as an option at startup. If I'd tap the
keyboard to get the list, 1872 was not there. After boot-up, I see the kernel
in /boot and it is listed in menu.lst and grub.conf. Samething again this am
- my machine is updated to 1878. I see messages about 1872 being removed.
1878 is now in /boot and is listed in menu.lst and grub.conf. BUT, on
startup, it is not in the list - only 1826 is offered...

Anyone know what's up?
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA