Deps Problem on new update

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Sat Jan 28 14:48:52 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-28 at 09:30 -0500, CodeHeads wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Ran into this on the update today:
> --> Running transaction check
> --> Processing Dependency: libedataserver-1.2.so.6 for package:
> nautilus-sendto
> --> Processing Dependency: libedataserver-1.2.so.6 for package:
> evolution-sharp
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: libedataserver-1.2.so.6 is needed by package
> nautilus-sendto
> Error: Missing Dependency: libedataserver-1.2.so.6 is needed by package
> evolution-sharp
> [root at FC5 codehead]# locate libedataserver
> /usr/lib/libedataserver-1.2.so.6
> /usr/lib/libedataserver-1.2.so.6.0.1
> /usr/lib/libedataserverui-1.2.so.6
> /usr/lib/libedataserverui-1.2.so.6.0.3
>
> Do I need to file a bug on this??  Anyone else getting this error?  Just
> want to make sure before I post a new bug.

Don't think this is a bug, or at least one that needs to be filed.  It's
just that nautilus-sendto and evolution-sharp need to be rebuilt against
evolution-data-server so they can use the updated library.  You should
be able to "yum remove nautilus-sendto evolution-sharp" and then update.
I don't really use those two, so I removed nautilus-sendto (didn't have
e-s already) and update ran fine.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's only funny until someone gets hurt...Then it's hilarious!"