yum update fails

Stanton Finley stanfinley at comcast.net
Sat Jan 28 15:47:29 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-28 at 15:33 +0000, David Fletcher wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just joined this mailing list because we installed FC5 test 2 on my son's
> computer yesterday, and we've got a little problem with it.
>
> yum -y update completed normally last night.
>
> This morning we used yum to install apcupsd and audacity. Now when we run yum
> -y update we get an error:-
>
> --> Running transaction check
> --> Processing Dependency: libedataserver-1.2.so.6 for package:
> nautilus-sendto
> --> Processing Dependency: libedataserver-1.2.so.6 for package:
> evolution-sharp
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: libedataserver-1.2.so.6 is needed by package
> nautilus-sendto
> Error: Missing Dependency: libedataserver-1.2.so.6 is needed by package
> evolution-sharp
> [root at james ~]#
>
> I looked on the list for reports about libedataserver this morning but
> couldn't find any.
>
> Anybody know what I do about this, or is it already being sorted out?
>
> Dave Fletcher
>
> --
> Registered Linux user number 393408

This sort of thing is not at all uncommon on a test release, which is,
after all, just a snapshot of the dynamic and ongoing development
process. You can get around this by using one of the scripts at the
bottom of the page at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/yum . Also
please take a look at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JefSpaleta/TestingManifesto .

Stanton Finley