xorg and Thinkpad T41p

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Sun Jan 29 05:30:02 UTC 2006

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M10 NT [FireGL
Mobility T2] (rev 80)

Above is the output of "lspci" which relates to the video device in my
Thinkpad.

Load  "glx"
Load  "dri"

When I have both the above lines in my xorg.conf file my machine will
repeatedly and rapidly lock solid.  It crashes so badly that the caps-lock
light will not display and that ICMP echo packets do not get a response.

It crashes even without any local input, I can ssh to my Thinkpad, run
"startx" and then have it die without touching the keyboard or mouse.

This is on FC5T2.  Is this a known issue?