very clear-bright colors on the desktop (and wheel mouse turning green....)

LarryT guess.who at freesurf.fr
Tue Jul 4 14:00:58 UTC 2006

Andy Burns wrote:
> LarryT wrote:
>
>> So far i can see, there is no kmod-nvidia for FC6 kernel.
>> The newer driver seems to be :
>> kmod-nvidia-1.0.8762-1.2.6.16_1.2122_FC5.i686.rpm 25-May-2006 07:58
>> 1.6M
>> from : http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/development/i386/
>
> 1) Livna are unlikely to make releases until FC6 final is released
>
> 2) FC6T1 has upgraded to Xorg 7.1, Nvidia will need to change their
> driver in reponse to this.
>
> 3) During testing you are better off sticking with the open-source
> "nv" driver (or failing that the "vesa" driver) rather than the
> proprietary binary "nvidia" driver, because it will "taint" the
> kernel, therefore kernel developers will be less interested in any
> crashes you encounter.

Just to say i tried to use the "nv" driver back and it works ! I have no
clear-bright color anymore  !
BTW it maked my wheel mouse turning green :)
Now i have good colors and the wheel mouse is okay !

--
Larry
"Computers are like air conditioners - They stop working properly when you open Windows !" :-P