lost most gdm features/functions after today's update...

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Fri Jul 7 11:40:05 UTC 2006

On Friday 07 July 2006 01:34, Clifford Snow wrote:
> Localhost kernel: audit(1152216505.513:285): avc: denied {execmem } for
> pid=2408 com="metacity" scontext=user_u:system_r:unconfined_t:s0
> tcontext=user_u:system_r:unconfined_t:s0 tclass=process
>
> Is this an error of metacity or a problem with selinux?

This would appear to be a problem with metacity (or one of the libraries it
links with). Programs that are securely written do not need execmem. The
question is why did this pop up yesterday? Looking through the rawhide
reports, I don't see metacity being updated this week. I suspect its caused
by a library that links with metacity.

-Steve