lost most gdm features/functions after today's update...

Tom London selinux at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 20:53:19 UTC 2006

On 7/7/06, Richard Hally <rhally at mindspring.com> wrote:
> Tom,
>         I have the same symptoms here, but booting with enforcing=0 or
> "setenforce 0" from the console make the symptoms go away.
> KDE wfm as an alternative(since I had already had it installed).
> Richard

Problem solved!

Turns out that I had 'save session on logout' box checked. So when I
booted the 'first' time after the update in enforcing mode, metacity
died, and was not 'included' in the saved session state.

Each time thereafter when I booted in permissive mode, metacity was
just not started with the rest of my session.

I manually ran metacity in a terminal window; it start successfully. I
logged out (saving it in the session), and then logged in again.  Lo
and behold, metacity is not running (in permissive mode, of course).

A question: should it be more difficult to remove metacity from the session?

tom
--
Tom London