DejaVu fonts for Fedora Core 6 feedback call

Tom Brinkman tbrinkman at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 9 00:21:15 UTC 2006

On 08 6:02:S, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On 7/7/06, Tom Brinkman <tbrinkman at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > You really can just run /usr/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon
> > > (which g-f-p will startup anyway) and then you don't get
> > > the gui you have to close.
> >
> >   An ideas on how to auto that?  I already tried rc.local
>
> It is a per user setting.. so it would need to be run out of your
> startup scripts.. not rc.local

   Yes Stephen, I realized my brain fade in that (rc.local) attempt
shortly after I hit 'send' ;)  Lvl5 an X isn't even runnin yet.

   OTOH, this was a NBFD for me till a few others mentioned it. Now
I'm sort'a encouraged to explore the 'fix'. Specially since my long
experience with BZ's makes me realize they mostly go ignored...
unless you can contribute a fix along with the complaint ;)  An I
know the situation is already avoided (by other distros).
--
    Tom Brinkman                   Corpus Christi, Texas