Install report 2006-07-26 snapshot - mixed results again

G.Wolfe Woodbury ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us
Thu Jul 27 04:48:00 UTC 2006

The install itself was ok.

Firstboot went ok without any kernel panic.  However, soundcard detection was again skipped
with a vague indication of a dbus error.  Would not terminate cleanly on my i686 machine.
Had to ssh in and kill the parent of a zombie process.

System-config-display still missing in action.  The display virtual size is wider than the
physical dimension, so it scrolls horizontally (as it is supposed to) but the monitor (Compaq
S710) is multi-sync and capable of the full resolution.  Alas, I don't recall the proper
xorg.conf incantations to set screen resolutions and modes.

--Wolfe