Kernel 2.6.17 on FC5

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Mon Jun 19 02:26:18 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 10:00:47PM -0400, Benjy Grogan wrote:
 > Hello,
 >
 > Will Fedora Core 5 stick with kernel 2.6.16 throughout it's lifetime?

Nope. I'll be doing a .17 update this week.
I've got a rebase ready, but want to make sure things like Xen work
before it gets pushed out.

Hopefully it'll be ready mid to late week.

 > I'm interested in testing kernel 2.6.17 to see if Suspend yet works on
 > my system because it doesn't yet.  And if FC5 is going to have kernel
 > 2.6.17, is it possible to modify yum so that it keeps in Grub, one
 > copy of the latest 2.6.16 kernels, and one copy of the 2.6.17 kernels?

You can increase the number of kernels to keep in
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/installonlyn.conf

It's not aware of versions however, but if you're booted into the latest
2.6.16 update, it'll keep that around (as it never deletes the currently
running kernel).

		Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk