FC6T1 install hang during dependency resolution

Jay Cliburn jacliburn at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 23 02:50:52 UTC 2006

I'm trying to install FC6T1 on a Dell Optiplex GX110 (PIII 733).  I've
selected only the "Software development" package set.  The install
process makes it through the first pass of dependency resolution with 4
unresolvable dependencies, then hangs at what I believe is the second
pass.  Here's what's at the end of the list of messages in virtual
terminal 3:

Unresolvable dependancy [sic] /usr/lib/python2.4 in libxml2-python
Unresolvable
dependancy /usr/share/desktop-menu-patches/gnome-gdmsetup.desktop in gdm
Unresolvable dependancy magic.mime in httpd
Unresolvable dependancy pam_loginuid.so in openssh-server
Moving (1) to step confirm install

And that's it.  After an hour or two the machine locks up hard,
requiring a reset.

Suggestions?

Best,
Jay