2.6.15-1.1955_FC5 memory leak?

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Thu Mar 2 01:52:20 UTC 2006

> No, it was 2 mallocs not being freed on some syscalls. lspp.10 kernel is
> building right now and I'll update the yum repo tomorrow am. I might put the
> kernel at http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/files/lspp in a few minutes where
> it can be retrieved and installed manually.

Allright, I think the stock kernel (+madwifi/nvidia) does not appear to
leak memory, although Mono does (or whatever mono is running)... it eats
20% cpu right when I need them most, and then memory usage slowly climbs
to 880 MB used over a few days. Killing mono fixes the problem. I'm not
very happy with the resources it takes to run mono...esp since I don't
really use f-spot or beagle [ people are way too disorganized, why can't
they just put their files so they can find them? ]

I will re-verify the leak, and check what mono is running exactly...then
file a bug.
Will test lspp 10 kernel aftwards to see if that leak is fixed.