Cinema Display 30 and Radeon 9600

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Thu Mar 2 18:22:29 UTC 2006

On 02.03.2006 17:53, Guy Fraser wrote:

>I know we all love Linux here, but I have not been able to figure
>out why, people with Mac's don't just use the OS X that they came
>with.

1,5 years with osx 10.3, later osx 10.4 and  osx-server 10.4
osx has nice features and nice guis but ...

... i will fedora on my macs
if possible with wlan and X out of the box without propietary drivers

>Has anyone seen the info on the new Intel based Mac Mini's?
>
>An just to confuse things, does Anyone know if any of the Mac
>Intel hardware will run Linux?

probably not :-(

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2006-January/msg00563.html

Subject: intel-based macs

<snip>
No.  Off the top of my head:

- our x86 kernels don't have CONFIG_EFI
- installer doesn't do GPT partitioning on x86
- we don't have a bootloader for them
</snip>

--
shrek-m