Cursor tracking in thunderbird/firefox?

D Canfield canfield at uindy.edu
Fri Mar 3 14:16:58 UTC 2006

I don't want to be the kind of guy that harps on his "favorite" bugs,
but I'm finding it incredibly difficult to believe that the cursor
tracking that is broken in both the thunderbird editor and the firefox
textarea has not been fixed this close to release.  Is it really not
driving anyone else totally insane, or is it just a handful of us who
are experiencing it?  There is an open bug in bugzilla about the
thunderbird issue, and I would expect the two are related.  I don't know
if the editor is mozilla specific or a gtk thing, but I've not noticed
the issue in any other gtk apps, and the issue doesn't exist on
Windows.  Yet, it still occurs with a fresh download from mozilla.com.
Anyone know what's going on with this?

Thanks
DC