Suspend

Justin Conover justin.conover at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 14:32:02 UTC 2006

On 3/3/06, Phil Knirsch <pknirsch at redhat.com> wrote:

> Justin Conover wrote:
> >
> > About 3 days ago, my laptop (Dell Latitude D600) stopped coming back
> > from suspend, the hd light flickered but the screen wouldn't come back.
> >
> > I replaced with this, and I got my screen back, howerver my network
> > didn't reconnect and had to run
> > dhclient eth0
> >
> > I am at work at the moment and it is on a docking station if that
> matters./?
> >
> > lspci -v | grep VGA
> >
> > 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R250 Lf
> > [FireGL 9000] (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
> >

> > # lspci -v | egrep -i 'network|ethernet'
> > 02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5705M
> > Gigabit Ethernet (rev 01)
> > 02:03.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 2200BG (rev
> 05)
> >

> OK, so screen works again, good. As i said, should be fixed in
> pm-utils-0.13 and later.
>
> In userland we wake up the NetworkManager and mDNSResponder when we
> resume, so make sure you have both of them running. If one of them isn't
> running that might explain why the network isn't coming back up.
>
> Read ya, Phil
>
> --
>
> [root at kainos pm]# chkconfig --list | egrep -i 'Network|mDNS'
NetworkManager  0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:on    6:off
NetworkManagerDispatcher        0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off
5:on   6:off
network         0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

I don't appear to have mDNSResponder on here, I did a fresh (test) network
install on this laptop last night.