Issues with system-config-httpd and apache mods

Misha Kononov fedora at mishakononov.com
Fri Mar 10 00:45:05 UTC 2006

Alright, trying to get httpd up and running for a local testing server.
I removed everything related, then used yum to install httpd and
system-config-httpd.

[misha at panoz etc]$ sudo ./init.d/httpd start
Starting httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
[misha at panoz etc]$ sudo ./init.d/httpd stop
Stopping httpd:                                            [  OK  ]

Looks good so far, then I used system-config-httpd to make some changes
(default root directory and server name, nothing else) and upon trying
to start it again I get
[misha at panoz etc]$ sudo ./init.d/httpd start
Starting httpd: httpd: Syntax error on line 170 of
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_access.so
into server: /etc/httpd/modules/mod_access.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory
                                                           [FAILED]

Haven't really played around with it much yet, but initially feels like
either a packaging issue or an issue with the way s-c-httpd is writing
the httpd.conf.

--Misha