Could tthere be an update iso distribution

Dan Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Thu Mar 16 19:03:45 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 11:48 -0700, jeff wrote:
> Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

> >>I don't get the rant here. I'm sure there will be an updated kudzu soon
> >>after the release. Why should the whole thing be held up because your
> >>proprietary stuff doesn't work? FC5tests have been working great for me.
> >>I'm glad they're not holding it up.
> >>
> >>-Jeff
> >

> > Yes, easy for you to say for yourself but if you had a problem such that
> > you cannot install FC5 because you had a "proprietary" (or misbehaving)
> > driver, then I am sure I would be hearing your rants.  To each their
> > own, right? :-(
>
> You can't install at all?
>
> I thought it was the problem came up after you installed the proprietary
> nvidia driver. You could just disable kudzu, if that's the case.

It is a software problem and it is called kudzu.  I installed NO DRIVERS
as kudzu just tries to hardware probe devices and in the case of nvidia,
it is the chip-set on my motherboard that somehow is causing kudzu to
HANG.  I suspect that kuzdu has a BUG, either by code or by design as
it should NOT HANG UNGRACEFULLY!  So, my point is, is that if some other
devices (be it software or hardware) has any symptoms mimicing nvidia
then it too will cause kudzu to hang, possibly.  Just because it SEEMS
like a nvidia problem, the fact is, that kudzu should NOT HANG as it
is a MAJOR PROGRAM during the boot process!  If you happen to have a
device that does this, should you rant too, to be fair?

Yes,  I bypass kudzu, as I am replying to this email message via FC5T3,
so yes I can get by without kudzu for now, but who's to say that some
other poor sap won't can has not the brains to figure out how to bypass
kudzu and so that rant will start coming out again.

Seems like FC4 all over again.  History just might repeat itself
(again!)

Sigh,
Dan