Problems with Dell 2001FP monitor

Christian Hauser c.hauser at active.ch
Tue Mar 21 14:19:18 UTC 2006

Hi

I was trying to install FC5 on a Dell XPS with a Dell 2001FP (1600x1200)
monitor. However, during installation I can only see a part of the
screen the rest is out of bounds. Thus I cannot click on the 'Next',
'Previous' buttons, as I don't see them.

Could someone plaese give me a hint on what I can use to get a higher
resolution during install?

Is there a linux vga=??? boot kernel option that doesn't turn off DMA
and gets me a higher resolution so that the whole install screen is
visible to me?

Thanks in advance for any hint. I'd really like to be able to install
FC5 using the graphical mode.

Christian