XEN and FC5T3 Question....

Stephen C. Tweedie sct at redhat.com
Wed Mar 22 22:31:19 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 11:24 -0800, Dan Thurman wrote:

> si0
> veth0, veth1, veth2, veth3, veth4, veth5, veth6, veth7
> wiD0, wiD1, wiD2, wiD3, wiD4, wiD5, wiD6, wiD7
>
> So....  which is it that ZEN is using as the actual port
> that I am using?  Not knowing... I choosed eth0 as my
> primary port.  So far, I *think* my firewall is running
> but I cannot be sure...

I'm assuming that by "ZEN" you mean "XEN", and that you have the xend
service running?  If so, your physical eth$N would actually have been
renamed to peth$N, and a new virtual eth$N (corresponding to one of the
veth devices above) introduced to bridge the xen networking to the
physical device.

"brctl show" should show the bridging config: eg.

# brctl show
xenbr0          8000.feffffffffff       no              peth0
                                                        vif0.0
                                                        vif4.0

shows one peth0 physical device being used by the Xen network bridge
(peth0 will have a corresponding eth0 attached to it via vif0.0), and an
extra vif4.0 virtual device for the one extra Xen domU I've got running
on that box right now.

--Stephen