There is no istanbul

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 23:01:30 UTC 2006

On 3/23/06, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/22/06, pribyl at lowlevel.cz <pribyl at lowlevel.cz> wrote:
> > In release notes ch. 17.5 Screecast there is mentioned that FC5 extras
> > should include "istanbul, which creates screencasts using the Theora
> > video format", but there is no such package. Am I doing something wrong?
>
> No.. I'm doing something wrong. I should have gst08 based istanbul
> packages out tonite or at the very latest Saturday (if there are 64bit
> build issues still lingering).

istanbul built for fc5 and devel.. waiting to be signed in extras for release.

Now if the gst packages in fc4 updates-testing would move to fc4
updates-released you could have istanbul on fc4 as well.  And I'll
only charge you <dr evil>1 billion dollars</dr evil> for the effort.

-jef"better late than never"spaleta