kernel 2.6.16-1.2107_FC5 breaks graphical boot

Paul Dickson paul at permanentmail.com
Wed May 3 12:15:32 UTC 2006

On Wed, 03 May 2006 18:40:55 +0900, Kazutoshi Morioka wrote:

> After upgrading to kernel-2.6.16-1.2107_FC5, graphical boot won't start.
> X was started, and only mouse cursor is displayed; rhgb never start.
> I removed "rhgb" keyword from kernel commandline, then, it successfully
> booted.

I hit the same problem with devel over the weekend (all I get is an X
mouse cursor when rhgb should start).  Ctrl-Alt-Backspace allows the
system to continue booting.  I saw a similar problem with the Gnome
shutdown.  Since I don't like to reboot very often, I've only seen the
former twice and the latter once.  I'm currently running
kernel-2.6.16-1.2171_FC6, but the problem could be xorg-x11 or even rhgb.

	-Paul