kernel 2.6.16-1.2107_FC5 breaks graphical boot (and cups and httpd)

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Fri May 5 07:35:56 UTC 2006

On 05.05.2006 08:18, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>>>What do you think is the "mid-route" for time critical security fixes?
>>>
>>the mid-route seems to be that there are no longer  2107_FC5 kernels  in
>>fc5 updates or updates-testing.
>>

>My question wasn't specific to one particular issue. Obviously this
>time, it was a mess up that has been fixed now.

fixed by removing a released/published package in updates ?
sorry.

where is your problem?

-- fedora / redhat internals
==>  updates-testing + announcement
--  public testing,  (hours, days, weeks)
==>  updates + announcement
--  published update

i see no reason why a security update should take a shorter way.

--
shrek-m