sabayon howto ?

Uno Engborg uno at webworks.se
Mon May 8 12:16:48 UTC 2006

Mark Bradbury wrote:
> Installed the sabayon rpm to test out locking down users desktops.
> Now  I'm stumped the only bin programme seems to
> be /usr/sbin/sabayon-apply and the web page at
> http://www.gnome.org/projects/sabayon/
> <http://www.gnome.org/projects/sabayon/> seems old
>
> Anyone have a nice howto or any info on how this is supposed to work
>
> thanks for any info
You may need to install sabayon-admin as well.
Another thing is that if you type sabayon from a gnome terminal, the sabayon
window pops up below that terminal, and is completely covered. (Unless
you don't have the latest patches, and the right gconf settings).

BTW, sabayon is not very good at locking down desktops, its mainly a
tool to make user
profiles of settings the user can change later if he likes. There is
another tool for locking
things down but at the moment, I can't remember its name. Somebody else?

Regards
Uno Engborg