Not sure if this a php error - can someone confirm it?

PFJ paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Tue May 23 12:10:45 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have the following in a php file

$filenames = array("fred.pdf", "sid.pdf", "harry.pdf", "wibble.pdf");
for ($i = 0; $i < count($filenames); ++$i)
{
  $command='/usr/bin/zip -9 '.$prog.'.zip ".$filenames[$i];
  exec($command);
}

$prog is just a name.

If I set $prog to be getcwd()."foo", then no zip file is created.
Infact, I can set $prog to anything and nothing is created - with one
exception, $prog="/tmp/foo" - this will create the zip file in tmp, but
I can't then do anything with it as the permissions say it belongs to
apache:apache (copy () won't work, neither will cp or mv).

I cannot chown the file via php either (chown ('/tmp/foo.zip',
'paul:paul');)

Have I hit a bug or is it me needing another lobotomy to remove things
that shouldn't be there?

TTFN

Paul
Dr Who