Have reached a point where I feel p***ed

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Oct 7 03:39:34 UTC 2006

Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-10-05 at 22:12 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
>> On Thursday 05 October 2006 22:03, Jim Cornette wrote:
>>> With a broken text installer and limiting the ability for the user to
>>> run the graphical installer successfully, consideration on not releasing
>>> a distro would be a wise decision.
>> Where's the bug for the broken text installer?  I'm pretty sure that 'linux
>> video=vesa' still works too, to force the vesa driver, which according to the
>> reporter does give some gui support.
>
> It's 'linux xdriver=vesa'[1]
>
> Jeremy
>
> [1] Replacing the old 'linux vesa' with a more generic form to be used
> if you want to switch i810 vs intel or any other switch of the sort.

Thanks for the correct entry to run in order to select the desired
driver. I tried the command and was able to upgrade an installation with
  an MGA G200 card. Of course, just pressing enter and proceeding with
the MGA is more desirable.

This option should be added to the release notes I suppose.
Jim

--
Drivers are a more complex issue. I'm not opposed to binary only
drivers, providing its easy to tell they are there and dump all bug

- Alan Cox on linux-kernel