I give, What in the world is the trick with AIGLX?

Marc Schwartz MSchwartz at mn.rr.com
Tue Oct 10 19:37:25 UTC 2006

Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
> oldman wrote:
>
>> I should have explained that I have a 1.5Ghz lintel box with an nVidia
>> 5600 series graphics card.  I have a list of cards that supposedly work
>> with AIGLX and this card is on it.
>
> Where did you get that list of cards?  It's wrong and should be
> corrected; nvidia cards doesn't work with AIGLX.
>
> thanks,
> Kristian

You might want to take note that a few weeks ago, nVidia released a beta
version of their driver, 9625, which supports TFP to enable AIGLX to work:

   http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_rel70betadriver.html

and they have a sticky post on the nvnews forums regarding configuration:

   http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=14

There have been mixed results and a fair number of bug reports, but many
are using compiz/beryl on nVidia cards under AIGLX.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz