FC6 Pre-release (Test4)

alan alan at clueserver.org
Sat Oct 14 21:03:27 UTC 2006

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006, Ernest L. Williams Jr. wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 21:17 -0500, Jay Cliburn wrote:
>> George R. Goffe wrote:
>>
>>> I appologize for bothering you but I'm trying to do some testing on my newly
>>> kickstarted fc6t3 system. I went to the repo file in
>>> /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates-testing.repo and changed enabled=0 to enabled=1.
>>> All I get is an error (see below) when I do yum update. I've been searching for
>>> the solution to this and it's how I found this posting.
>>>
>>> Did I do something wrong? Does your writing apply to me? Should I just cool my
>>> heels?
>>
>> Not quite sure what you're trying to do George, but if you want to run rawhide,
>> just enable fedora-development.repo and fedora-extras-development.repo, then run
>> yum update.
>>
>> If, on the other hand, you're trying to acquire the FC6 prerelease, it's
>> available by bittorrent.  http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/
>>
> After getting FC6 preRelease about two weeks ago, I have been running
> pup and I get now updates.  yum also shows no available updates.

What is the official release date for FC6?  I saw October 17th on the web
site, but it did not list RC1, so I don't know if I should believe it.

Is that the official date or has it slipped?

It should have been Friday the 13th.

--
"Oh, Joel Miller, you've just found the marble in the oatmeal. You're a
lucky, lucky, lucky little boy. 'Cause you know why? You get to drink