MadWifi drivers and FC6t2

Ian Burrell ianburrell at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 17:27:44 UTC 2006

On 9/6/06, Jurgen Kramer <gtm.kramer at inter.nl.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 09:10 -0700, alan wrote:
> > Has anyone gotten the MadWifi drivers working in FC6t2?
>
> The MadWifi (ng) drivers work like a charm with FC6T2. I am using
> current svn.
> You have to comment out some lines
> in /usr/src/kernels/<kernelver-name>/include/linux/config.h to make it
> compile though.

The other alternative is to patch madwifi to use autoconf.h.  config.h
has been deprecated for a while and was finally made an error in
2.6.18.  I submitted a bug and patch to madwifi,
http://madwifi.org/ticket/845.

I have also been building kmod RPMS for the patched madwifi drivers
based on the livna RPMS.  I described it at
http://znark.com/blog/articles/2006/08/26/macbook-wireless-on-linux

 - Ian