Tree Testing for FC6 Test3

ronald rwarsow at online.de
Sun Sep 10 14:49:36 UTC 2006

> Go ahead, just let us know if it fails or passes.  Mostly we're curious if
> packages can be found, pulled down, and installed.

already done !

installation went through without errors.
after next reboot - when firstboot runs - just after soundcard
configuration the screen switched to completely black with mouse cursor
on it. cursor movable. box alive. no reaction on crtl+alt+fn.
i could ssh into and fired a
- ps auxe >> ps-auxe-mit-ssh (not nice to read, but maybe some hints)
- dmesg >> file (with no issues which i saw when box came up)

reboot through ssh session: box came up with few errors.
no entries in log's. screen okay, but with 1152x864 60 Hz.

next i logged through serial console (boot-fc6t3-test-minicom.cap):

[1]
Setting hostname fc6.localdomain:  [  OK  ]
No devices found
Missing major number for persistent device.
Couldn't create ioctl argument.
last_lba(): I don't know how to handle files with mode 41ed
read error, sector 0
read error, sector 1
read error, sector 29
Missing major number for persistent device.
Couldn't create ioctl argument.
Setting up Logical Volume Management:   /dev/hdc: open failed: No medium
found
   Attempt to close device '/dev/hdc' which is not open.
   No volume groups found-

[2]
Enabling local filesystem quotas:  [  OK  ]
Enabling /etc/fstab swaps:  swapon: /dev/hda3: Invalid argument
[FAILED]

[3]
Starting RPC idmapd: [  OK  ]
Starting system message bus: Unknown username "named" in message bus
configuration file
[  OK  ]
Starting Bluetooth services:[  OK  ][  OK  ]

to [1]:
hdc is my dvd rom. no idea what lvm want to do with it.
(seen since last ~2 updates)

to [2]
i was unable to activate the swap. deleted/mkswap. no chance.
box runs currently *without* swap. therefore no chance to test hibernate.

to [3] already reported Bugzilla Bug 205254

selinux/audit:
- not active on first boot (my default); not tested

all in all:
- xorg: monitor selection gets never written to xorg.conf
- suspend works, but with error (already in bz #????)
BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context at kernel/rwsem.c:20
- a warning (?):
process `sysctl' is using deprecated sysctl...
- applications -> other(?) -> orca

- my lockdep bz #205085 is *gone (???????)*

apart from the install screen(too much grey; see login screen) fc6 looks
good...

anything else ?
i think is all from here, so far.

--
i hope it's adequate and in readable english. let me know, if *not*.

	ronald