Rawhide install 9/10

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sun Sep 10 14:59:02 UTC 2006

On Sunday 10 September 2006 10:44, Mike Chambers wrote:
> Post install, when running system-config-display the modes and such
> didn't get inserted into my /etc/X11/xorg.conf file, but selecting the
> correct monitor did.  I have a copy of a good xorg.conf file I keep as
> backup and use it.

xorg.conf is supposed to be dead minimal.  It figures things out by probing
the monitor and video card. It will choose the highest agreeable resolution
to use.  You can override with a personal (IE per user) preference for
resolution using System -> Preferences -> Screen Resolution.

Your X should Just Work with very minimal content in xorg.conf.  Please file a
bug with your monitor and video card information if this is not working for
you.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora