Rawhide install 9/10

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Sep 11 03:11:58 UTC 2006

Paul W. Frields wrote:
>>> Sounds like this is going to need to be in the Release Notes.
>> I disagree. If you have to add it the release notes then the interface is
>> wrong. It needs *FIXING*.
>
> The two are not mutually exclusive.  AIUI this is a major upstream
> decision, and given the stated project goals of riding closely thereto,
> I wonder if such a fix will be forthcoming.

One of the things about FC6 that bothers me is the exclusion of an
adequate configuration file to make X work correctly. Since it is
obvious that the server does not do the right thing in a reliable enough
manner, passing a command to the x configuration program for either a
minimal or conventional X configuration file should be included,
upstream or not. The default should be for the conventional and more
reliable configuration.

The main goal of Fedora should be to make the most reliable distribution
that follows upstream as closely as practical instead of following
upstream to the letter when their goals are ahead of their accomplishments.

Jim

--
'Martyrdom' is the only way a person can become famous without ability.
		-- George Bernard Shaw