Fedora Core 5 Test Update: kernel-2.6.17-1.2187_FC5

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Wed Sep 13 01:09:17 UTC 2006

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 01:35:17AM +0200, Roy-Magne Mo wrote:
 > This kernel did not find root on my system, probably because the
 > cpqarray driver couldn't find anything or wasn't loaded. The driver is
 > included in the initrd-image.
 >
 > Hardware is Compaq DL380G1 with internal Compaq Smartarray RAID controller.
 >
 > Browsed through the changelogs, but could not see any changes regarding
 > this controller.
 >
 > The kernel I'm running today is 2.6.17-1.2159_FC5 which boots fine.
 >
 > Does thing give any useful information?

Extremely puzzling. I too looked over the changelogs between 2.6.17.6 and
2.6.17.13 and found no smoking gun.  The only thing that I could come up
with was a possible ACPI regression. Does booting with acpi=off make
any difference ?

If there's a possibility of serial console, grabbing the dmesg from
working & crashing kernel would be useful for comparison purposes
as that may yield some clues.

	Dave