Please strip out the patch that brings up applications behind gnome-terminal

Miles Lane miles.lane at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 16:37:45 UTC 2006

On 9/13/06, Susan Crayne <crayne at us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Miles Lane <miles.lane <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > The most aggrevating example, though, is when I start ANY application
> > from gnome-terminal (emacs, amarok, firefox, whatever).  I now have to
> > click on the application window to give it focus.  I hate this!  I,
> > personally, think it is brain-dead to not give focus to applications
> > when they start (with the exception of dialogs which should be "system
> > modal" in Windows parlance).
> >
> >       Miles
> >
> Would this "feature" also affect XUL dialogs in Firefox 1.5?  I have written an
> application which works fine in FC4, Firefox 1.07, but in FC5, dialogs sometimes
> come up without the focus.  If this is a bug, I think it is in FC5, since the
> problem doesn't occur in Windows with Firefox 1.5.  I'm just trying to figure
> out where to report this problem.

Hello Susan,

I suspect that your problem is not related to the code that keeps
gnome-terminal windows on top.
You should check with the Mozilla/Firefox developers.  I'd be quite
surprised if Firefox doesn't have its own window management code for
all Firefox windows and dialogs.

Here are some resources where you might be able to get more help/information:

   Subscribe to the quality assurance list for Mozilla: