Fedora Core 5 Test Update: kernel-2.6.17-1.2187_FC5

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Wed Sep 13 19:49:09 UTC 2006

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 09:06:58PM +0200, Roy-Magne Mo wrote:
 > Dave Jones wrote:
 > > On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 12:24:31PM +0200, Roy-Magne Mo wrote:
 > >  > Dave Jones wrote:
 > >  > >
 > >  > > If there's a possibility of serial console, grabbing the dmesg from
 > >  > > working & crashing kernel would be useful for comparison purposes
 > >  > > as that may yield some clues.
 > >  >
 > >  > Log from serial console:
 > >  >
 > >  > http://www.sunnmore.net/div/willie-2.6.17-1.2187_FC5.cap
 > >  >
 > >  > It does seem like the cpqarray has been loaded and has detected the
 > >  > logical drives.
 > >
 > > Can you put up a dmesg from the working kernel too?  The diff between
 > > the two may show something. Though right now, it's a real head-scratcher.
 > > I've no idea what the problem could be yet.
 >
 > Here's one from 2.6.17-1.2159
 >
 > http://www.sunnmore.net/div/willie-2.6.17-1.2159_FC5.cap

Ok, the important difference is this ..

-Making device-mapper control node
-Scanning logical volumes
-  Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
-  Found volume group "VolGroup00" using metadata type lvm2
-Activating logical volumes
-  3 logical volume(s) in volume group "VolGroup00" now active
 Trying to resume from /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01

Peter, any recent mkinitrd changes that could explain this ?

	Dave