Should i just wait til fc6t4??

alan alan at clueserver.org
Wed Sep 20 02:41:51 UTC 2006

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, sean wrote:

> I've been unsuccessful in installing t3 from dvd on a standard intel x86-64
> chipset box. I think the problem is that I have one partition ( not root )
> that's lvm.
>
> I asssume this will all be fixed for t4. Has anybody figured  out how to
> install before then?

Yep.  I posted it earlier.

After you do the install, boot with the "rescue option" on the install
dvd.

When you get a prompt:

chroot /mnt/sysmount
cd /boot
mkinitrd --image-version --nocompress initrd `uname -r`

Then add this line to the /etc/grub.conf entry:
   initrd /initrd-<kernelversion>

save, sync and reboot.

--
"Oh, Joel Miller, you've just found the marble in the oatmeal. You're a
lucky, lucky, lucky little boy. 'Cause you know why? You get to drink