Display resoulution keep changing

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Sun Apr 1 15:10:34 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-04-01 at 10:09 -0400, jim tate wrote:
> jim tate wrote:
> > jim tate wrote:
> >> Using a ATI 9200SE AGP video adapter, with a 'radeon' driver.
> >> When I reboot or restart X the resolution keeps changing from
> >> 1024x768 to 1440x900
> >> The monitor setting is a Generic CRT 1024x768, The monitor I'm using
> >> is a  17" CRT .
> >>
> >> Jim
> >>

> > The system-config-display is setup as to hardware.

If your using a Generic CRT setting, maybe when running
system-config-display you can check the bottom left corner box to show
*all* monitors (in the monitor tab obviously), and see if your exact one
is there.  That might help, as well as making sure your card is the
correct one.

I used to use the ATI 9000 Radeon Pro and never had a problem like you
have, and I selected my monitor from the list instead of a generic one.

Good luck,

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Sex is like air, it's not important unless your not getting any!"