Install using vesa fails with ATI X700

Adam Jackson ajackson at redhat.com
Wed Apr 11 14:31:17 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 04:21 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 19:08 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> > Except, of course, that x1300 won't work with radeon at all, thanks ATI.
>
> Yep, still experiencing that (as in they haven't updated or helped
> update teh radeon driver yet ot work with the newer cards?).

Not only have they not submitted any code to the open driver, they have
also refused to let us release the patch to enable it.

http://airlied.livejournal.com/31180.html

If anyone from AMD, or one of their OEMs, wants to see this fixed,
please contact me off-list and we can make some noise.

If you're not one of those people, you should let your OEM know how
important open source graphics support is to you.

- ajax