rawhide report: 20070421 changes

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Sat Apr 21 18:10:03 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-04-21 at 17:44 +0200, dragoran dragoran wrote:

> ok, but there will be still time to rebuild (an test!) the packages
> that needs something from extras to add extra features? or will  this
> cause a releasedate change?
> why don't we wait for the merge before doing test4?

Even if it started now, we wouldn't be able to finish the merge before
the release date for Test4.

The merge will be our first priority as soon as we get Test4 out, but we
*need* to get Test4 into people's hands first so everyone can test it.
There's a lot of stuff besides the merge that still needs testing.

We're fairly confident that the merger will go smoothly and we won't
need another test release. Once the merger is done people can rebuild
packages with stuff from Extras. Those packages will released into
rawhide so people can test them. We'll also be releasing weekly LiveCDs
so people can test that way too.

If all goes according to plan, we will not need to delay the release.
But we're not fools. If it's not ready, we won't ship it until it is.

-w