KDE 4 updates

Jim Bevier jim at jbsys.com
Mon Dec 3 18:54:19 UTC 2007

I just installed the KDE 4 updates and have a couple of problems.

First, if I boot to level 5, I get an error dialog with the message "Cannot
parse theme file /usr/share/apps/kdm/themes/FedoraInfinity".  The dialog box
runs out of space, so I don't know what file it can't parse.  Anyone know?
I do not get any login screen and I go back to the prompt.  I deleted the
users .kde directory and still get the same error.

Second, if I do a startx, I get a blue background with a dialog box in the
upper left corner that says "Could not start D-bus.  Check your
installation."  What is D-bus?  What needs changing?

I can edit /etc/sysconfig/desktop to use GNOME instead of KDE and gnome will
run.  What is the next step in the KDE 4 saga?

Jim