Synaptics works again . . xorg.conf works now

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Dec 4 22:46:20 UTC 2007

I just wanted to not that synaptics works now for me. I found out by
accident after installing an ati driver from updates-testing when trying
to get the latest f8 kernel. I needed to switch to vesa and scrolling
and normal mouse operations returned with an xorg.conf
I have back the rawhide ati with "radeon" as the driver and synaptics is
still functional.
Jim

--
"I'm not saying that they were knowingly dishonest, perhaps they were
simply stupid. "

   -- Linus Torvalds, commenting on those who really thought
Microkernels were wise. (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)