CD writer and USB disk are not mounted

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 14:27:33 UTC 2007

2007/12/14, shrek-m at gmx.de <shrek-m at gmx.de>:
> Leszek Matok schrieb:
> > Dnia 2007-12-14, o godz. 11:16:11 "Antonio M" <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com>
> >

> > napisał(a):
> >> A question: may the problem arise as I was running SELinux as
> >> enforcing, then I switched to permissive and still I am on
> >> permissive???
> >>
> > Permissive mode, by design, should allow you to do more things, not less. It
> > is possible for application to break if it was depending on some SELinux
> > denial to correctly do/detect something, but highly unlikely :)
> >
> > On the matter you're referring to:
> > did you even check your GNOME (if you use it) devices and removable media
> > configuration? Maybe it's simply switched to not mount anything? :)
>
> and the problem is  ... "selinux"
>
> i have the same problems in  "permissive"
> switched to "selinux=disabled" and all is ok.
>
> usb-sticks, cds, gnome-themes, ... all is working as expected.
>
> it seems that  "permissive"  is no longer not only logging.
> bug or feature ?
>
> --
> shrek-m
>
> --

tnx...it is true...

So...we started as enforcing, we switched to permissive to login and
now to disabled to see external disks or Network shares.
I am going to disable completely SELinux on all my computers: it
doesn't make any sense to have it running if causes such troubles
Great!!!!

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag