xorg-x11-drv-ati busted with latest version

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Dec 31 19:19:20 UTC 2007

I have a system with a
01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility U1
and the latest version of the driver loops infinitely on a loop. The
earlier version from Koji - xorg-x11-drv-ati-6.7.195-5.fc9 works.

I was just going to hold off and use the vesa driver until it was fixed.
I found out that VESA does not work at all for DVD playing and slows
down the system tremendously. I then decided to try one of the older
versions from koji which works.

What is the meaning of a loop with the below and how to fix this? THis
is for the latest ati driver, not the working version from retro.

mieqEnequeue: out-of-order valuator event; dropping.
tossed event which came in late

Jim

--
Satellite Safety Tip #14:
	If you see a bright streak in the sky coming at you, duck.