Adding KDE to FC7 test1

Doctor Who whodoctor at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 21:38:35 UTC 2007

On 2/3/07, Doctor Who <whodoctor at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/3/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Saturday 03 February 2007 15:46, Doctor Who wrote:
> > > I'd like to add KDE to my FC7 test1 install...is that possible at this
> > > point? If so, what repo do I need to enable/
> >
> > All you need to do is launch Applications -> Add / Remove Software.  Select
> > the KDE group and away you go.
> >

> OK, I'll give that a try when I get back to the box.  I installed with
> the DVD and didn't have an option during the install for KDE...only
> Gnome was available for 'Desktop Environments'

I used Package Manager as suggested, but after selecting a number of
packages, choosing 'Apply' and getting a verification of what packages
will be installed, nothing appears to happen. :-(

top doesn't show much of anything taking up a lot of CPU cycles (a
little pirut), so not sure if this is a bug or that it's just taking a
looooooong amount of time.

It's been sitting a the Package Manager window for several minutes now...