Upgrading FC6 -> Rawhide.

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Thu Jan 18 10:27:53 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm trying to upgrade a new and fully updated FC6 laptop to rawhide
for testing, however when I try and run 'yum upgrade' or 'yum update'
I get the following:

--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: python-elementtree for package: yum
--> Processing Dependency: python(abi) = 2.4 for package: yum
--> Processing Dependency: firstboot-tui = 1.4.28 for package: firstboot
--> Restarting Dependency Resolution with new changes.
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package firstboot-tui.noarch 0:1.4.28-2.fc7 set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: python-elementtree for package: yum
--> Processing Dependency: python(abi) = 2.4 for package: yum
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: python(abi) = 2.4 is needed by package yum

Where does this come into it?

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au