Error: Missing Dependency: libSDL_gfx.so.13 is needed by package perl-SDL

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Sun Jan 21 02:39:36 UTC 2007

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 19:17:41 -0600, wayne wrote:

> For the last month, yum has been failing to update with an error
> message: "Error: Missing Dependency: libSDL_gfx.so.13 is needed by
> package perl-SDL"
>
> This last time I tried a recommendation for a similar problem posted on
> the Red Hat forums.  It did not work. How can I resolve this problem?
>
> [root at localhost ~]# sudo yum --exclude=perl-SDL* update
> Setting up Update Process
> Setting up repositories
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> Excluding Packages in global exclude list
> Finished
> Resolving Dependencies
> < snip processing of files >
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: libSDL_gfx.so.13 is needed by package perl-SDL

This can mean that one of your enabled repositories tries to upgrade
SDL_gfx to a different SONAME, which breaks the dependency in perl-SDL.

What repositories do you have enabled?
What are the installed versions of perl-SDL and SDL_gfx?

In Fedora Extras Development I see

  SDL_gfx-2.0.13-7.fc6
  perl-SDL-2.1.3-3.fc6

which are compatible (and SDL_gfx provides libSDL_gfx.so.13 e.g.). The
broken deps report for Fedora Extras doesn't list your problem either:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2007-January/msg00480.html